This article shows how to disable local administrator account using GPO on a Windows 7 machine.
- Open gpmc.msc
- Go to Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Right click on GPO and select “New”
- Give a proper name of that GPO
- Go to Computer Configuration > Preferences > Control Panel Settings > Local Users and Groups > Local User
- Select Local User
- Action : Update
- User name : Administrator (built-in)
7. Link that policy on Computers OU
8. Once the policy is refreshed next time, the local administrator account will be disabled.